Monthly Update: November 2020

 Working two minimum wage jobs has been keeping me busy lately.

The good thing about it is that I’m in a country where a minimum wage job is fully life sustainable. Working two of those is making me feel fairly content with my finances. It’s also letting me cover for two other flatmates and friend’s rents and bills while they were waiting for new visas before they could start a business that I’ve been graphic designing for. And I also got to help and work for a friend who runs a workplace but also is brutally short-handed.


Overall, I got to sustain a few closest friends and myself, which is great.


The downsides, no free time and I keep burning out faster than I can recover. This has been keeping my future projects on pending. “Garrr” to the priorities.


But there are also sides moving upward. My flatmates all got their visas now so they’ve been applying for jobs so that I don’t have to take the entire living cost of 3 people which then I won’t need the second job. So if I’m in the same or worse fatigued state by next Monday, I’ll be giving one of the jobs the two weeks notice to finish my contract, which then I’ll have more time to write and paint.


So, that's my life this month.




Productivity-wise, I got two main things going.


One is one of the remakes chosen by a big Patreon supporter of mine when we had that voting pool. This pick didn’t win the pool. But while I asked for maybe a dollar or two donations, this person has been supporting me with around $50 a month for some year or two which has helped me greatly at times when I needed that extra finance. I thought it would be a crime if I didn’t do at least something for this supporter.


The previous work is “Oral Persuasion” and it’ll be made to similar comic book style frames. The story will be changed, though. It’s looking a bit outdated.


Another project I’m working on is a point and click adventure style video game. I have a programmer who talked to me and already had it started and was interested in applying some of my art styles. This one is a long-term project that may take months if not a couple of years because of the number of paintings and animations I’ll need to do. But it sounds like a great way to tell a story that the audience gets to choose which way to go and I am quite excited to work with. I am currently working on its story drafts before I get it to visuals and I will probably show some of the progress in my updates as I go.


In between those two, I’ll still be doing casual or personal projects as usual. So it won’t be months before I have another project to post. Something will come up when I can find some inspirations here and there.


Comments

  1. I really love the Swamp animation you made. You should make more of that and longer ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment