Montly Update: March 2019

     The next painting is already finished. I had it done earlier this week and I just need to trim it and maybe add some screen effects if I want. I'm in the middle of writing its story. And I told myself I'm going to keep it shorter. But I couldn't explain what I wanted in a few lines. So it got a bit longer. Then I got carried away.
     The story is almost finished too. I'm just looking for a smooth ending and I'll probably do a couple of quick proof readings that I may regret reading it again in a couple of months before I post it sometime this weekend. But I want to get back into animation. Or at least a graphic novel that I started earlier this year.

     I've been trying something a bit of mix of new and old approach with the image. And this tip may also help some other artists who are also practicing like I am.
     I wanted to practice more texture details and organized postures. So I've been using Source Filmmaker models to pose and use it as a base design, then add some extra tentacles and effects.
Before, I thought painting over the already existing photographs or posed 3d model images sort of defeats the purpose when I'm trying to make the image as realistic as possible when they already are more realistic than I can paint or just wanted to have some models posing for an idea. But now I'm thinking, it may not be as real or I'll just be putting extra work to get a similar image that already exists. But it'll be in my style. And at the very least, I'll be practicing.
     The result has been satisfyingly consistent so far. And I'm less worried about how much I don't know how the final result is going to be because I already started with the concept of how it will look like from the beginning.
     I'm terrible at using circles and lines to pose a model before the sketch. So I usually just start with the full body sketch which has its benefits and problems. I'm hoping using Source Filmmaker as a mold solves some of those modeling problems.


     I don't know how many people watch me through blogger first rather than from other sources. But I'll be posting another thing soon for a survey.

Comments